Bombadil Publishing is a new world of publishing where young people write for young people! Our world is all about commitment, enthusiasm and drive; dreams, stories and passions. It is about expressing and sharing ideas and stories with others, creating, publishing, marketing and selling the perfect books for young people by young people between the ages of 12 and 26.
Books are a reflection of the soul and the authors’ dreams, and Bombadil aims to change the world by letting young people’s voices be heard and allowing them to express their views freely and without shackles and borders, though always with empathy and respect in focus. By giving a voice to young people, Bombadil Publishing has expanded fast and now has young people in 90 countries writing across the globe. We are proud of this success, but we are even more proud of our authors.
Welcome to our world! Welcome to Bombadil!
Bombadil Publishing was founded in 2007 as a publishing house with ambitions and ideas a bit out of the ordinary. We believe that young people can and want to write. The concept of “young write for young people” was born, inviting young people to express the ideas, stories and visions that they themselves want to read. We work outside the traditional framework and therefore have no editors. Instead, we have mentors who will guide the writer through the process of publishing, sometimes even from the beginning of the manuscript until the book goes to print.
It is therefore extremely important that authors and mentors work closely together and that both are equally involved throughout the journey. Likewise it is important that the mentors do not restrict the author, but instead encourages and promotes. For us a book is not just a story or an expression of facts; a book represents the author’s innermost thoughts, ideas and passion. This means that our writers need to have the opportunity to express themselves freely.
Bombadil has representatives all over the globe, though our head quarter is located in the Scottish Highlands, amongst the lochs and the mountains.
Books provide knowledge and share stories of value to the individual person. We publish all genres and and all types of books, whether they are reality-based, fictional, non-fiction or poetry. If there is a dream, if there is passion – there is a book worth publishing. Sometimes a little help is needed to finish the master piece, so at Bombadil Publishing we work with mentors instead of traditional editors. These mentors help ensure quality but are also there to guide the author through the amazing and awe-inspiring road from manuscript to finished book.
- It is important to us that things are carried out in a way that is reconcilable with our way of working as well as that of our authors .
- Bombadil collaborates only with authors and mentors who follow conventional moral and ethical principles.
- Bombadil does business internationally and would like to better the understanding between people regardless of their colour, creed or culture and would like its work to contribute to more understanding in the world.
- Bombadil’s business, their partners, authors and mentors all work towards democratic values, in-service training, a diversified society, responsibility to the environment and good ethics.
- Bombadil defines good ethics as revulsion at criminal conduct, respect for serious working methods, democratic principles along with human rights such as defined by the United Nations.
- Bombadil works to increase diversity and integration, and does not approve of any kind of discrimination due to age, gender, functional disorders, sexual orientation, ethnic background or faith.
- Bombadil considers the environment primarily by our positive selection criteria that protect the environment and ecological endurance.
- Bombadil collaborates with expanding companies and give them our help and support provided they act in a manner that corresponds with and promotes the above mentioned principles.